Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/ladanivazaco/public_html/Sources/Subs.php on line 3929
Nominations so far

Author Topic: Nominations so far  (Read 22782 times)  Share 

Offline Spikes

• Veteran Niva Petrol Head
  • NoNiva4me
  • City: White River
  • Province / State: Mpumalanga
Re: Nominations so far
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2017, 03:31:41 pm »
Danie

The general definition of moderator and administrator:

Moderators
The moderators (short singular form: "mod") are users (or employees) of the forum who are granted access to the posts and threads of all members for the purpose of moderating discussion (similar to arbitration) and also keeping the forum clean (neutralizing spam and spambots etc.).[12] Moderators also answer users' concerns about the forum, general questions, as well as respond to specific complaints. Common privileges of moderators include: deleting, merging, moving, and splitting of posts and threads, locking, renaming, stickying of threads, banning, suspending, unsuspending, unbanning, warning the members, or adding, editing, removing the polls of threads.[13] "Junior Modding", "Backseat Modding", or "Forum copping" can refer negatively to the behavior of ordinary users who take a moderator-like tone in criticizing other members.

Essentially, it is the duty of the moderator to manage the day-to-day affairs of a forum or board as it applies to the stream of user contributions and interactions. The relative effectiveness of this user management directly impacts the quality of a forum in general, its appeal, and its usefulness as a community of interrelated users.

Administrator
The administrators (short form: "admin") manage the technical details required for running the site. As such, they may promote (and demote) members to/from moderators, manage the rules, create sections and sub-sections, as well as perform any database operations (database backup etc.). Administrators often also act as moderators. Administrators may also make forum-wide announcements, or change the appearance (known as the skin) of a forum. There are also many forums where administrators share their knowledge.[13]

An Internet forum does not normally have positions of chairman and vice chairman. This was extensively discussed on the old proboards forum shortly before the last "hijack".

And yes I probably misunderstood you. I was more concerned about the allegation that the very important topic may have been locked.

Offline Danie

• City: Durban
  • Province / State: KZN
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2017, 06:49:19 pm »
Danie

The general definition of moderator and administrator:

Moderators
The moderators (short singular form: "mod") are users (or employees) of the forum who are granted access to the posts and threads of all members for the purpose of moderating discussion (similar to arbitration) and also keeping the forum clean (neutralizing spam and spambots etc.).[12] Moderators also answer users' concerns about the forum, general questions, as well as respond to specific complaints. Common privileges of moderators include: deleting, merging, moving, and splitting of posts and threads, locking, renaming, stickying of threads, banning, suspending, unsuspending, unbanning, warning the members, or adding, editing, removing the polls of threads.[13] "Junior Modding", "Backseat Modding", or "Forum copping" can refer negatively to the behavior of ordinary users who take a moderator-like tone in criticizing other members.

Essentially, it is the duty of the moderator to manage the day-to-day affairs of a forum or board as it applies to the stream of user contributions and interactions. The relative effectiveness of this user management directly impacts the quality of a forum in general, its appeal, and its usefulness as a community of interrelated users.

Administrator
The administrators (short form: "admin") manage the technical details required for running the site. As such, they may promote (and demote) members to/from moderators, manage the rules, create sections and sub-sections, as well as perform any database operations (database backup etc.). Administrators often also act as moderators. Administrators may also make forum-wide announcements, or change the appearance (known as the skin) of a forum. There are also many forums where administrators share their knowledge.[13]

An Internet forum does not normally have positions of chairman and vice chairman. This was extensively discussed on the old proboards forum shortly before the last "hijack".

And yes I probably misunderstood you. I was more concerned about the allegation that the very important topic may have been locked.

Wow Spikes, your comments are indeed a real "eye opener" to me.

I'm sorry, (without being "difficult") - I simply do not except your "definition" regarding the responsibility of " Locsa Management", ( apparently according to our Current Chairperson, as well as the Vice Chairperson's "definition"). 
With respect, I NEVER realized that the current Chairperson, as well as Vice Chairperson do NOT regard the Moderators at Locsa as part of Management ! And I NEVER realized that the current Chairperson and Vice Chairperson reserve themselves the right to make decisions in this regard - WITHOUT HAVING A CLEAR MANDATE from Locsa members !

Let me put it this way - this is simply too painful.  I'm done, and do not want to take part in this "elections" any longer.

PLEASE ignore my earlier nominations. At the time  I came forward with the names I nominated, I NEVER realized that the Moderators I nominated will NOT be part of "Management" ! So PLEASE, I NEVER INTENDED to give my nominated Chairperson, as well as Vice Chairperson a "free hand" to act on my behalf !

I will start deleting all photos forwarded by myself to this Forum this evening.
 Sorry guys, I simply can not see myself being part of this any longer.

So you have enemies ?    Good.   That means you stood up for something, some time in your life  -  Winston Churchill.

You will never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks  - Winston Churchill.

Offline ronnie

• Senior Niva Petrol Head
  • City: Thornley
  • Province / State: county Durham
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2017, 07:35:35 pm »
Hi Guys, I am sitting here very far away from SA, and can only say things appear to be getting far too complicated to understand. As far as I am concerned a moderator who does not own a Niva at this time is irrelevant as they must have extensive knowledge of the vehicle or they would be very wrong to accept a nomination. Make things simple so that I and others can resume reading all the interesting things I read on LOCSA. I may be very far from SA but I still log on every day.

Regards to all

Ronnie

Offline marius

• The proof is in the pudding
  • City: The other side of Ventersdorp
  • Province / State: North West Province
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2017, 09:15:04 pm »
Sounds like a vinyl record that keeps getting stuck on exactly the same spot EVERY SINGLE TIME no matter how many times you play it  :-[

Offline Spikes

• NoNiva4me
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2017, 05:57:48 am »

I will start deleting all photos forwarded by myself to this Forum this evening.
 Sorry guys, I simply can not see myself being part of this any longer.

Danie please reconsider before deleting any pictures from the forum.

I have requested the administrator to remove me from the moderators group with immediate effect.

Spikes

Offline Ihar

• Administrator
  • Honour thy forefathers and drink beer, they did.
  • City: Roodepoort
  • Province / State: Gauteng
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2017, 06:29:10 am »
Danie, there is no official current chair and vice chair, that is why there are elections on the go.  The new management structure, consisting of the executive positions will be in a position to define who things work going forward, obviously with input from the moderators and members.

The forum has been run by willing individuals who wanted to see a collaborative capability of all our lada knowledge and love for ladas not being lost after the last time the forum was hi jacked.  Time has now come to formalise the structure, again and let club go forward under guidance.

The agreement reached on the nominations thread is as has been discussed here, and is irrelevant anyway, as all the people who have accepted their nominations so far do in fact own a Lada.  The same is true for all the people who have yet to accept their nominations.  Thus your "requirement" of all members of management owning a lada is valid.

Offline Yusuf Essa

• New Niva Petrol head
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2017, 06:35:01 am »
Danie, there is no official current chair and vice chair, that is why there are elections on the go.  The new management structure, consisting of the executive positions will be in a position to define who things work going forward, obviously with input from the moderators and members.

The forum has been run by willing individuals who wanted to see a collaborative capability of all our lada knowledge and love for ladas not being lost after the last time the forum was hi jacked.  Time has now come to formalise the structure, again and let club go forward under guidance.

The agreement reached on the nominations thread is as has been discussed here, and is irrelevant anyway, as all the people who have accepted their nominations so far do in fact own a Lada.  The same is true for all the people who have yet to accept their nominations.  Thus your "requirement" of all members of management owning a lada is valid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Conrad

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2017, 11:10:42 am »
Danie, you accused the current Lada management of making a decision regarding non-Lada owners being moderators without mandate. You have completely ignored the fact that every member has the opportunity to comment on the matter on the thread entitled “Its time”. Since you’re ignoring what was said on that thread I will summarise it for you below:

·         You proposed that no non-Lada owner should be part of the management

·         Paul stated that this should only apply to exec members

·         Peter agreed with Pauls suggestion

·         Spikes disagreed and said he did not see this as a requirement

·         Andre also agreed with Paul that it should only apply to exec members

·         Remco agreed with Spikes that it should not be a requirement

The majority (Paul, Peter and Andre) felt that the owning a Lada rule should only apply to the Chairman and Vice-Chairman positions.  I cannot see how this could have been done any more fairly?

You’ve made it very clear that you have no faith in the current management, and do not like the way they do things. You were nominated and thereby given a chance to shape the future management team, yet you declined.  I suspect that it’s easier to sit on the side-lines and criticise than it is to find solutions, and fix the problems.

If you feel I’m wrong, you’re welcome to prove it by taking over the organisation of the national get together in Clarens. Show that as a Lada owner you have more commitment than the fly by night hero, uncommitted, wannabe social hangers on, that you refer to ex-Lada owners as.

One wife - livid

Offline marius

• The proof is in the pudding
  • City: The other side of Ventersdorp
  • Province / State: North West Province
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2017, 12:41:23 pm »
Well said Conrad and Steve but I'm afraid it is all pretty pointless when someone has no ability to understand anything else but the fluff going on in his head  :-\

This has been going on for years now...same result every time. All too predictable.

Offline Ari bezuidenhout

• Administrator
  • City: PTA
  • Province / State: GP
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2017, 01:38:24 pm »
Well said Conrad and Steve but I'm afraid it is all pretty pointless when someone has no ability to understand anything else but the fluff going on in his head  :-\

This has been going on for years now...same result every time. All too predictable.

LOL

So true Marius

My Lada runs on grace from God, and breaks due to my failings.

Offline Yusuf Essa

• New Niva Petrol head
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2017, 06:01:56 pm »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SARemco

• -
  • Full Niva Petrol Head
  • -
    • LadaVentures
  • City: Krugersdorp
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2017, 06:09:58 pm »
This stuff is beter than african politics. Im laughing my ass off. Why so sensetive why so official like remove me immidiatly or i will remove or redraw myself pictures or what ever. Conrad well said people should put their money where their mouth is (not other way unless you want to kiss your own ass). This is a volentary thing we all here for the fun. Other guys that just bought a lada are prob thinking when reading this shit didnt only just bought a buggered up car but also joined a buggeted up full of noncens club. Stop this nonsens and let us enjoy our selfs! Join us on the pretoria get together or the super awesome politic bullcrap free national gathering weekend at clarens in september where laughing and having fun is a must requirement.

Offline SARemco

• -
  • Full Niva Petrol Head
  • -
    • LadaVentures
  • City: Krugersdorp
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2017, 06:11:35 pm »
Oh shit forgot to accept or decline.

Offline Spikes

• NoNiva4me
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2017, 09:38:34 am »
Oh shit forgot to accept or decline.

You still have time. That portion of the process only closes on 18th.

Offline Wesley

• New Niva Petrol head
  • City: Pretoria
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2017, 11:24:21 am »
Just a little thought, I don't mind non Lada members being part of the moderators. Conrad unfortunately declined, but he for example has knowledge about Lada's and I am certain it's something he will consider owning again. Yes chair and vice should be owners that just seems logical. But as for moderators, as long as they have a knowledge to help let them be. I nominated Conrad because despite not owning a Lada he always attends the events which is more than most Lada owners can say.

That being said, I wish the future management all the luck in the world, you can't please everyone, but do your best when you are in the high chair,

Peace Lada family, yes family cause without each other we are just a bunch of people driving weird cars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk