LOCSA

Welcome => Announcements => Topic started by: Administrator on February 02, 2017, 06:57:29 am

Title: It is time ...
Post by: Administrator on February 02, 2017, 06:57:29 am
Good Morning

As it has been more than 2 years since the current moderators sort of elected themselves when this forum moved from Proboards (locsa.proboards.com) to here after the Proboards forum had disappeared for a few weeks. And in line with the guidelines set up at the Proboards forum, it is time to elect new moderators, and fill the vacant club positions.  The club positions have been vacant over the past while as we felt there was there no need for them as the forum was being managed by senior members.

The guidelines state as found on proboards state:

Currently LOCSA does not have a Constitution, but Management has come to the conclusion that at the end of a two year term elections will be held for a new Management Team. Any member of Management may not serve in the same position for longer than three years.

Thus the positions of Chair, Vice Chair and 3 Moderators are up for election.

I propose that:
Duties of the elected Chair and Vice Chair will include the day to day management of LOCSA with the aim of leading LOCSA forward in the clubs best interests.

Duties of the moderators include the moderation of the forum, ratification of new member applications, moderation of the Facebook and WhatsApp group.

Further, the Administrators of this forum, Ihar and Sparky, should remain in the Administrator capacity to attend to any forum technical related matters until such time as there is a formal organisation to transfer ownership of the internet domains to.

In line with democratic principles I propose that any member that has logged onto the forum can either nominate or second a candidate for any or multiple positions. Please make sure that the person(s) you nominate are willing and able.

The member(s) who has received the most votes as at 26 February will automatically qualify as the most suitable candidate for a particular portfolio. If there is no clear winner for a position it will go down to a re-vote for that position, if necessary.

Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Danie on February 02, 2017, 07:51:40 am
Just a suggestion - looks like the thread regarding this topic is locked, therefore I wish to make a suggestion regarding possible future guidelines at this thread:                                                        To my mind only members who at least OWN Ladas are acceptable as members of the Management team. Members of Managament who sell their Ladas while they serve at Management, should IMMEDIATELY be replaced by an member who OWNS a Lada. Sorry about this, I simply do not accept members at Locsa Management who does not at least OWN a Lada.
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Ihar on February 02, 2017, 08:40:30 am
Thanks Danie and noted.

It is strange that the topic appears to be locked, I dont see any settings that may cause it to be locked.
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Danie on February 02, 2017, 08:55:26 am
Maybe it was just a problem at my side. I was typing from my phone, and could'nt find the "reply" button at all. I am still typing from my phone, and immediately found the "reply" button at this thread.
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: marius on February 02, 2017, 09:18:49 am
Just to be sure - who are currently filling the following management positions:
Chair, Vice Chair and 3 Moderators

Also - will there be a special thread for nominations or do we just nominate under "Its Time..."
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Ihar on February 02, 2017, 10:06:11 am
The chair and vice chair are currently "vacant", as far as I can tell the position of Chair is occupied by your Marius, but I recall you resigning and I am not sure you were officially replaced.  The last person I can find who occupied the Vice Chair is Nikki but she sold her Lada and left the forum.  The current moderators are Spikes, Ari, Conrad and I. 

Yes, please nominate under "Its time ..."

Tjeers

Steve
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: marius on February 02, 2017, 12:14:52 pm
All that is news to me! I was under the impression you and Spikes held those positions? Well that makes the nomination job quite easy then  :)

As far as I can recall there is no time limit set on Moderators? BTW LOCSA should have an existing Constitution as far as I know.
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: marius on February 02, 2017, 12:25:13 pm
Well here goes my nominations:

Chair: Spikes
Vice Chair: Steve

Moderators: Ari, ButaSteve and Danie
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Ihar on February 02, 2017, 12:49:01 pm
All that is news to me! I was under the impression you and Spikes held those positions? Well that makes the nomination job quite easy then  :)

As far as I can recall there is no time limit set on Moderators? BTW LOCSA should have an existing Constitution as far as I know.

Thanks, I will go search proboards.  I recall one being tabled, but not that it was adopted.  Spikes, can you shed any light?
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Spikes on February 02, 2017, 03:32:57 pm
Thanks Marius, but I am not available for any of the executive positions, nor as moderator. Time for me to take a rest.

 
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: marius on February 02, 2017, 05:32:56 pm
No prob Spikes I completely understand. Thanks for the tremendous effort you've put in over a good couple of years. LOCSA owes you a great deal of gratitude for your time and hard work. You deserve this self inflicted rest!  :D

I would then nominate Ari as Chair instead.
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: marius on February 02, 2017, 05:46:19 pm
Steve I think I have it confused with the "Code of Conduct" but to my mind it could easily be equal to "Constitution".
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Danie on February 02, 2017, 05:51:17 pm
Well here goes my nominations:

Moderators: Ari, ButaSteve and Danie

Thanks Marius, but I will NEVER be part of Locsa management again.

Please take note - this is not negotiable.

 
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Ihar on February 02, 2017, 06:52:23 pm
Thanks Marius.

However I have not yet decided if I want to stand for a board position or not.  I will advise you within a few days.

Regards

Steve
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Ari bezuidenhout on February 02, 2017, 07:11:12 pm
Hi,

My suggestion is the following:
Chairman     Johannesburg/Pretoria

3x vice chairmans
One from each of  Port Elizabeth, Cape Town and Durban

What do the rest of you think?
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Andre on February 02, 2017, 07:20:39 pm
I agree with Ari & Danies suggestions (management owning a Lada and possibly regional representation)

But with that said and considering Spikes and Danie bowing out for nomination, I'd like to nominate Steve, Yusuf, Ari and Remco in no particular order for any of the positions available in whatever form that takes.
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: marius on February 02, 2017, 07:21:41 pm
Sounds fine to me Ari.

As far as nominations goes - somebody has to do the job. My original nominations was strictly based on LADA ENTHUSIASM and also actual activity on the forum.

Perhaps we should consider asking for volunteers?
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: cowboy on February 03, 2017, 08:12:18 am
Totally agree on Lada Ownership of members
Regards
Paul
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Spikes on February 03, 2017, 01:43:21 pm
I merged the two topics.

Danie please confirm that you can reply to this thread?
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Spikes on February 03, 2017, 01:45:34 pm
Totally agree on Lada Ownership of members
Regards
Paul

Paul, just for clarity: Are you saying only lada owners may be members of the forum are are you supporting Danie's suggestion thatexecutive members should own a lada?
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: cowboy on February 03, 2017, 02:13:10 pm
Hi Spikes
Just exec members.
However ,not really for me to say I guess, as am new to the forum.
Just seems too make sense,unless the member is purely admin..
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Spikes on February 03, 2017, 02:41:38 pm
Thanks Paul!
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: cowboy on February 03, 2017, 05:18:41 pm
Hi Spikes
Have you guys got a meet lined up would be be nice to meet the other Russians" :)
Just did CT in my Lada
Also came back:-)
Ciao
Paul
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Conrad on February 03, 2017, 08:54:41 pm
See here: http://ladanivaza.co.za/index.php?topic=1195.0

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: cowboy on February 04, 2017, 07:41:17 am
Many Thanks!
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Conrad on February 04, 2017, 06:19:40 pm
My vote is for Andre, Ari and Remco.

The old gaurd has all declined nomination and we need some young and enthusiastic people to turn the club around

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: kleynhap on February 05, 2017, 07:16:44 am
My 5 cents - must say I also agree with the suggestion of exec members being owners as a prerequisite. Are there any more detailed guidelines anywhere on the actual responsibilities, or this just winging it basically ?
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Spikes on February 05, 2017, 07:41:49 am
My 5 cents - must say I also agree with the suggestion of exec members being owners as a prerequisite. Are there any more detailed guidelines anywhere on the actual responsibilities, or this just winging it basically ?

Here is a link to the SMF guide

 http://wiki.simplemachines.org

Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Spikes on February 05, 2017, 07:47:04 am
Just a suggestion - looks like the thread regarding this topic is locked, therefore I wish to make a suggestion regarding possible future guidelines at this thread:                                                        To my mind only members who at least OWN Ladas are acceptable as members of the Management team. Members of Managament who sell their Ladas while they serve at Management, should IMMEDIATELY be replaced by an member who OWNS a Lada. Sorry about this, I simply do not accept members at Locsa Management who does not at least OWN a Lada.

I cannot see why actually owing a lada should be a defining requirement for becoming a member of the executive of this forum.
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Andre on February 05, 2017, 02:22:32 pm
Spikes, my 2cents. I understood this to extend beyond the LOCSA forum to a fully fledged club platform. Therefore the people in the higher/executive rankings should be representing the club at meetings in ladas. Moderators/admin and support wouldn't need to nessasarily need to own Ladas, much like we have members on Facebook and this fourm who don't have ladas but appreciate them and the enthusiast behind (or under) them.

It's like shopping at a clothing store, you'd expect the people working their to represent their brand. Not to say they don't also admire or own other brands of clothes, but if they don't wear it themselves, how are they convincing others of the brand?
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Spikes on February 05, 2017, 03:11:36 pm
So: Chairman has to own a lada(meaing a lada NIVA)
       Vice chairman has to own a lada
        Moderators excluded from this stipulation?
Am I reading you correctly Andre? And is that in line with Danie's statement?

We need complete clarity before this goes to poll. 
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Andre on February 05, 2017, 03:29:41 pm
Well top exco In my opinion should represent the brand yes. Anyone else who has a passion for the cars can be moderator/contributing member, etc without actually owning a lada.

This is a space for enthusiasts to share their stories. It's important for the people leading this space to be active owners yes. If the guys offering support/maintenance/admin services don't own ladas, I don't think anyone would mind. Their job doesn't require them to own a Lada and they can work from anywhere in the country, as per Ari's suggestion.

For now, could we just all place our nominations and once names are finalized we can look at voting between that lot for Chair and go from there. The executive could then decide what resources he'd need, using the list of names put forward to vote on vice chair/s and support etc.

I don't speak for everyone, this is just my suggestion. How do you feel about this Spikes?
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Spikes on February 06, 2017, 06:17:47 am
Thanks Andre.

Clearly you gave this some thought.

We'll see how the nominations progress.
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Ihar on February 06, 2017, 07:18:26 am
So taking all of the above into account, my nominations are:

Chair: Peter (kleynhap)
Vice Chair: Ari (Ari bezuidenhout)

Moderator: Remco (SARemco) - Gauteng Representative
Moderator: Yusuf (Yusuf Essa) - Kzn Representative
Moderator: Stephen Waries (ButaSteve) - Western Cape Representative

The executive nominations are based on availability and willingness to perform the job, as well being Lada Owners and having a vast knowledge of Ladas.  Both have a proven track record of being able to organise events and keep the wheels turning.  Neither has in the past shied away from getting the job done.  Peter has extensive experience in serving on committees.


 
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: cowboy on February 06, 2017, 07:31:18 am
Sounds all good to me
Paul
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Spikes on February 06, 2017, 08:04:01 am

Moderator: Remco (SARemco) - Gauteng Representative
Moderator: Yusuf (Yusuf Essa) - Kzn Representative
Moderator: Stephen Waries (ButaSteve) - Western Cape Representative

I take it the moderators will perform globally and not limited to their local "regions"?
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: SARemco on February 06, 2017, 01:39:29 pm
What about north west and eastern cape? For gauteng as there are many i recon we should have gauteng south _joburg) and gauteng north (pretoria). Just a thought...?

Nominations andre, brett, stephan, arie. No particuliar order.

On owning a niva i recon it should not mater. If you take the suzuki club the chairman always go to events in his izusu bakkie (the gazebo and flags dont fit i guess in his jimny. Other 4x4 clubs dont care what you own as long you show interest. Except the hilux club but they arrogant. Would be sad if LOCSA get the same name as them. Some non lada owners did had a lada in the past (not only conrad) they have a lot of knodledge to sharw which is helpfull very helpfull for new owners. That excecutive thing is just a titel who cares about that a new non lada owner member is just as important to the club as a old scared niva owner veteran. Remember we all here for our pleasure. Its about same minded people that want to have a good time and inform and help others nothing more nothing less.
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Ihar on February 07, 2017, 06:18:03 am
EC is covered by Ari, I dont see a need for 2 Gauteng moderators, it would simply bloat the structure.  Similarly, NorthWest and Mpumalanga would be covered by Gauteng

Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Andre on February 09, 2017, 08:25:20 am
I'm a little confused here. Were we not nominating names which then have the opportunity to accept or decline before a voting process? I see the nominations have been separated as specifically chair, vice chair and moderators. Was this not happening after the voting process?
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Spikes on February 09, 2017, 09:57:49 am
I'm a little confused here. Were we not nominating names which then have the opportunity to accept or decline before a voting process? I see the nominations have been separated as specifically chair, vice chair and moderators. Was this not happening after the voting process?

I read this as per position...

""the member(s) who has received the most votes as at 26 February will automatically qualify as the most suitable candidate for a particular portfolio. If there is no clear winner for a position it will go down to a re-vote for that position, if necessary.""

Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: ButaSteve on February 09, 2017, 10:25:14 am
I would like to Nominate:
Ari Bezuidenhout, Steve Welman, Remco for position of Chair and André Crichton for Vice.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Ari bezuidenhout on February 09, 2017, 12:46:42 pm
Here are my nominations:

Chair: Peter
Vice Chair: Stephen

Moderators: Spikes, Steve, Andre

Regards Ari
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Ihar on February 09, 2017, 12:50:57 pm
I'm a little confused here. Were we not nominating names which then have the opportunity to accept or decline before a voting process? I see the nominations have been separated as specifically chair, vice chair and moderators. Was this not happening after the voting process?

I read this as per position...

""the member(s) who has received the most votes as at 26 February will automatically qualify as the most suitable candidate for a particular portfolio. If there is no clear winner for a position it will go down to a re-vote for that position, if necessary.""

That is correct Spikes, only people nominated for the Chair position can be included in the vote for Chair.
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Ihar on February 09, 2017, 02:40:56 pm
An additional task to be performed is the maintenance and updating of the spares and locally available parts list which Spikes has been doing up to now.  This should be done by an executive member or moderator and the list updated to the forum and FaceBook group from time to time as needed.
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Andre on February 09, 2017, 06:50:15 pm
In that case, could I upgrade my nomination for

Ari to Chair
Ihar to Vice chair

I believe Remco meant ButaSteve (Stephen not Stephan)

Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Spikes on February 09, 2017, 07:09:24 pm
Here are my nominations:

Chair: Peter
Vice Chair: Stephen

Moderators: Spikes, Steve, Andre

Regards Ari

Thanks Ari, but I have to decline the nomination.



Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Ihar on February 10, 2017, 06:23:19 am
In that case, could I upgrade my nomination for

Ari to Chair
Ihar to Vice chair

I believe Remco meant ButaSteve (Stephen not Stephan)

He did, I am waiting for an official post to confirm it though.
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Danie on February 10, 2017, 06:29:06 am
My nominations:

Chairperson:         ButaSteve.
Vice Chairperson:  Andre.


Moderators:         Ari, Ihar, Remco.



Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Andre on February 11, 2017, 04:33:59 pm
Are there any definitive roles and responsibilities assigned to these positions which the candidates could read through before accepting or rejecting their nominations?

I'd like to add Kevin to my list of moderators please.
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Ari bezuidenhout on February 11, 2017, 07:01:07 pm
You can go read up on the proboards forum,  but I think that the persons elected will define it for themselves to a degree.
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Danie on February 12, 2017, 01:21:54 am
As far as I know there are no official rules in this regard. I do agree with Ari, I also think rules get defined by leading members of Management from time to time during elections.

As mentioned earlier, I totally disagree about the appointment of individuals at Management who does not at least own a Lada. To my mind people who sold their Ladas have moved on, and owners should at least be allowed to appoint existing owners who show some kind of commitment . To my mind there are indeed competent OWNERS around who should get the opportunity to serve at Management.

Having said that - ex owners will always be welcome to pass comments regarding previous Lada experience. Nothing wrong with that.

 Come on guys, we are not that desperate. After more than 11 years of Lada ownership I've seen many fly by knight heros buying and selling Ladas like hot cakes. These people usually tell very sad stories about the reason they had to sell - fact is, almost all of them will never buy a Lada again.
 At least we need to see  some real interest and commitment at management.  Bottom line, to my mind commitment means OWNERSHIP.  Wannabee ownership, or hanging around for social purposes only is simply not good enough...



Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: kleynhap on February 12, 2017, 07:37:27 am
My nominations goes like this...

Chairman : Remco
vice chair ?: Ari
Moderators : Yusuf, Conrad, Buthasteve
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Wesley on February 12, 2017, 01:29:11 pm
My nomination.

Ari as Chair
Andre as vice chair
Moderator Conrad and Kevin

Wesley
Title: Re: It is time ...
Post by: Muhammad Essa on February 13, 2017, 10:02:52 pm
Hi guys.

Chair- Ari
Vice Chair- Steve or Andre (I'm not sure if Steve has decided on whether he wants to be in the position yet)

Moderators- Remco, Yusuf, Stephen