Author Topic: Carburetor  (Read 7275 times)  Share 

Offline john.oosthuizen95@

• Full Niva Petrol Head
Re: Carburetor
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 11:10:52 pm »
Hello everybody. My Lada kept giving trouble (cutting out as if it isn't getting petrol when it gets up to running temperature). So I stripped the carburetor and cleaned it out. I don't know much about cars, first time stripping a carb. I put the carburetor back today and the car doesn't start anymore (it did before I stripped the carb). There doesn't seem to be getting fuel into the carb. It is a 1.7 and I believe it has a mechanical fuel pump. Any advice as to where I should start looking? Also, where can I find an exploded diagram and workshop manual for that carb?
Hi Bryce...John Oosthuizen here...supply me your email address to my email at john.oosthuizen95@gmail.com and ask me in the email for the Lada workshop manual then i'll email the complete workshop manual to you...the workshop manual is in PDF format...remember to reply with your name...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Offline Spikes

• Veteran Niva Petrol Head
  • NoNiva4me
  • City: White River
  • Province / State: Mpumalanga
Re: Carburetor
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 06:01:19 am »
Thanks Spikes, could it possibly be the idle solenoid? It is clicking every time it gets power, what exactly is the purpose of this part? Could it have anything to do with part 21/22 on page 9 of the diagrams?

John,

I think Bryce did download the manuals.