Author Topic: Touch Up Paint  (Read 2853 times)  Share 

Offline Keith B Atkins

• Full Niva Petrol Head
  • City: Johannesburg
  • Province / State: Gauteng
Touch Up Paint
« on: May 27, 2014, 09:19:50 am »
Good Morning Guys.
Managed to scratch the paint work whilst using the jack to get at the back brakes  :(
Then I discovered that my small touch up tube of Holts Paint Fiat White 210 which I got years ago in the UK and which is a perfect match had dried out  >:(
So I contacted Lada Power and as usual Pavel was great.
Just have a look at the colour chart he has sent to me.
It looks as though the standard 201 White is the correct one to get but if anybody thinks/knows otherwise or knows of a local equivalent please let me know.
If all else fails I will just have to wait until I visit the UK in October and try and get some more Fiat White then.
(Tried the Fiat Dealers here but they don't stock touch up paint ! )

Offline marius

• Senior Niva Petrol Head
  • The proof is in the pudding
  • City: The other side of Ventersdorp
  • Province / State: North West Province
Re: Touch Up Paint
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 09:50:34 am »
Thanks for the chart Keith :)

You can also try a good panel beater shop - they should be able to match your paint job on the Lada and give you a bit of paint for touch up jobs (just provide your own small vessel).

Marius

Offline Conrad

• Veteran Niva Petrol Head
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 10:14:45 am »
I agree with marius, just check the yellow pages in your area for automotive paint suppliers.  Take them the code or your fuel flap, and they will match the paint for you.

The only thing is most will supply a minimum of 500ml and last time I bought that cost less than R200
One wife - livid

Offline Keith B Atkins

• Full Niva Petrol Head
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 10:33:32 pm »
Good Evening Guys.
Just to let you know that Pavel (LadaPower) has included the white paint touch up stick in with my latest parts order.
He has included it 'foc' as a 'thank you' for doing business with him.
I wonder how many South African companies would be as generous  :)
All in all it has always been a pleasure to deal with LadaPower.
Web site is good, prices seem reasonable, can't really complain about the shipping costs, turnaround time is excellent and the 'free advice' from Pavel regarding ordering has been invaluable.
Let's hope that things settle down for him in the Ukraine in the very near future.
Regards to all at LOCSA.
Keith and CERATOTH

Offline Danie

• City: Durban
  • Province / State: KZN
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 03:30:36 am »
Hi Keith

I also find Pavel's service absolutely brilliant. Sad to say, during my 8 and a half years of Lada ownership I got extremely irritated by the way our local suppliers treated myself as custumers. In fact, I think there is enough proof that our  local suppliers are arrogant, have no idea how to treat or respect a customer, and probably think we as customers are a bunch of idiots.

As far as Pavel is concerned, he is the main reason why I still own a Lada today. I think our Local suppliers can learn a lot about business skills from Pavel - and if they don't, I don't care a damn if they disappear from the local Lada scene.

I hope you found the sweets from Pavel inside the parcel I sent you some time ago.

Regards,

Danie.
So you have enemies ?    Good.   That means you stood up for something, some time in your life  -  Winston Churchill.

You will never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks  - Winston Churchill.

Offline Keith B Atkins

• Full Niva Petrol Head
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 09:47:02 am »
Hi Danie.
Pavel's sweets always go down a treat  ;) with the children and yes thanks; the sweets with the carb kit arrived safely.
I'm glad that it is not just me that has good experiences with LadaPower.
It shows that it really is their Customer Care Policy to put the customer first.
Unlike (too) many companies here whose definition of 'customer care' is ...you're the customer and we just don't care  :(
How was the USA ? and pleased that you (and your luggage ?) are back safely.
Regards to all at LOCSA,
Keith and CERATOTH

Offline marius

• Senior Niva Petrol Head
  • The proof is in the pudding
  • City: The other side of Ventersdorp
  • Province / State: North West Province
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 10:05:57 am »
I think Pavel has the savvy to realize that every Niva (let alone Lada) owner is a potential customer and in order to keep and grow his customer base he knows that excellent service is the key to success.

Marius

Offline Danie

• City: Durban
  • Province / State: KZN
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 06:34:05 pm »
Hi Keith

We love the US and really enjoyd our visit - went this time on a 4200 km trip through nine states (Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Missouri with close family who lives there.  If it was not for the family, we would not be able to do this. We now have to start saving another four years for another visit - have been invited to join a trip to Alaska, and it will be impossible to resist the temptation ...

At the moment I am suffering from some serious jet lag ......took two sleeping pills last night but still couldnt sleep - you probably saw me time of my post this morning  :(

Regards

Danie
So you have enemies ?    Good.   That means you stood up for something, some time in your life  -  Winston Churchill.

You will never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks  - Winston Churchill.