Author Topic: 36DCD 2 thoughts?? :D  (Read 20834 times)  Share 

Offline Jaun

• Full Niva Petrol Head
  • City: Amatikulu
  • Province / State: KZN
Re: 36DCD 2 thoughts?? :D
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2015, 02:26:08 pm »
On the old  proboards forum are some pictures of a rebuilt dash all the info  we had is here
http://locsa.proboards.com/thread/568/dashboard-rebuild?page=2

And here a complete  rebuild i think he also did the dashboard
http://locsa.proboards.com/thread/142/re-ruchnoy-protivotankovyy-granatomyot-7?page=

I'm going to check it out. Thanks Spikes,, :D

Offline Danie

• Veteran Niva Petrol Head
  • City: Durban
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2015, 04:10:54 pm »
Yes, there is some smoke coming out of the taped cover when removing the cap, but not much. Always after the engine is heated up a bit, there's quite a lot of smoke coming out of the breather pipe. So don't know if its the oil getting hot or the piston ring leaking.

That almost sounds like a valve stem oil seal problem. When the valve stem oil seals are broken  or leaking, more oil seeps through to the combustion chambers when the engine gets hot - because the oil gets thinner when the engine gets hot, or when the engine runs at higher Rpm's.

I am not sure about the Lada valve stem oil seal quality. When I stripped my Lada's engine quite some time ago, I discovered that three valve stem Seals were broken in half - the parts which was suppose to seal , was obviously just hopping up and down, and served no purpose. In your case, I think the fact that your engine was "throwing fire the wrong way" could mean that the valve stem seals got broken when the engine "misbehaved" .

But I think in your case the valves might also be leaking slightly. The valve seats probably got damaged when the carb parts got sucked into the combustion chambers.

As mentioned before, another compression test would give clear indications about a possible leak at the valves, as well as piston ring condition.

So you have enemies ?    Good.   That means you stood up for something, some time in your life  -  Winston Churchill.

You will never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks  - Winston Churchill.

Offline Jaun

• Full Niva Petrol Head
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2015, 04:20:23 pm »
Yea, think you could be right... We don't have a unit to test the compression, had to borrow one from a home mechanic whom moved away a few weeks ago. Lol,,, as for the smoke in the tapped cover, the engine's been doing that since I got the lada... But just to be save, I'll ask around who might have a compression tester 4 me... Might strike a luck... :D
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 11:47:44 pm by Jaun »

Offline Danie

• City: Durban
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2015, 04:11:06 pm »
Hi Jaun, how is the Lada doing mate ?

So you have enemies ?    Good.   That means you stood up for something, some time in your life  -  Winston Churchill.

You will never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks  - Winston Churchill.

Offline Jaun

• Full Niva Petrol Head
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2015, 12:06:00 pm »
Hi Jaun, how is the Lada doing mate ?
Hi Danie, its been parked off for sometime now. Right now I have exams and stuff to prepare for. Hmm.. As for how its going, I still have a problem with my pump. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. The non-return valve doesn't seem to work anymore, so we'll have to take it apart and check what's going on... Think I should also add a return on the pipeline. Maybe that's why its malfunctioning all of the sudden. Used to work 100% before we fitted the weber with no return line...

Offline Ari bezuidenhout

• Administrator
  • City: PTA
  • Province / State: GP
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2015, 07:03:03 pm »
Use a T-piece after the pump if the carb doesn't have an exit line.

My Lada runs on grace from God, and breaks due to my failings.

Offline Jaun

• Full Niva Petrol Head
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2015, 07:53:22 pm »
Thanks,, :D Yea, that's what I used with the Pierburg carburettor. The pump was to strong for it and spilled petrol everywhere.. Lol,, guess I'll have to put it back,,,